Friday, September 23, 2016

Don’t take our word for it…

“I'll start with this, I thought I knew more than most about fitness/weight  training.  After all, I was a personal trainer for a few years and I've been in martial arts since I was a child (I still am a martial Artist...no longer a child).  For many years (after age 40) I've walked around at about 200 pounds and 12.5% body fat which is pretty respectable, considering I'm 6' tall. I looked healthy but....for many years  (since 2005) I've had issues with my stomach. ALMOST every time I would eat I would get extremely bloated, my nose would run, my eyes would water and I would get so tired that I would struggle to stay awake.  It didn't matter if I ate one almond or an entire pizza, I felt horrible.  I went to many doctors and they did every kind of test there is...and I mean EVERY INVASIVE TEST POSSIBLE, only to find that there was nothing medically wrong.

Eventually, as a last resort, I did a food allergy test. The test results showed that I was "allergic" to soy, dairy, caffeine, wheat and chocolate. So, basically I could enjoy a diet of water and air if I didn't want to "feel bad".   I thought then, as I do now, that their diagnosis was just them (doctors) casting a wide net because they really had no idea what was wrong. After eliminating all the foods they told me to eliminate and STILL having the same result, I gave up. There were no more tests, no more options. This is how I would have to live, and so I did for the last eleven years UNTIL 10 weeks ago, when I met Nikki Boyd.

After our initial meeting she assured me that she could help. She told me all of my problems were food-based which she could fix.  For the next week she had me track all of the food that I ate and then we discussed my eating habits on our next visit. We discovered two things on that visit. First, I was eating completely wrong. Even though I thought I was eating healthy it was the wrong combination of foods but mostly the wrong foods. Second, I wasn't eating nearly enough.

The "you’re not eating enough" comment made me a very nervous considering all my problems with food intake...i.e. bloating after one almond.  Again, she assured me by eating the proper foods and more of them, I would feel better, have no more problems AND as a side result "you will get more shredded that you’ve ever been in my entire life".  Nikki also made it very clear that if I didn't follow her plan, EXACTLY follow her plan, that it would be a waste of my time and my money.

Fortunately, I'm very good at following directions. So....I started my 8 week journey. The initial goal was to take me from 12.5% body fat down to 9.75% body fat in an eight week stretch. Nikki also shared with me that based on my body type, my exercise level and what appeared to be my willingness to follow directions, I WOULD have better results than the 9.75% body fat. She couldn't have been more right.

By week four, I was already down to 7% body fat.  By week eight, I was (and still am) at 5.2% body fat.  Since I meet Nikki, put my trust in Nikki and followed her plan, I am more shredded then I've ever  been!  I've had no problems with my stomach, no watery eyes and I don't have to blow my nose every time I eat. I feel amazing! I have more energy that I've ever had. If anyone says "I can never look the way I did in high school or college", tell them you have three words of advice - IT'S CALLED EFFORT. Put it in and you get results.  If that's too many words, give them these two - NIKKI BOYD

Thank you Nikki!   You have truly changed my life and my attitude about fitness and health.
PS:  Remember everyone  --  DON'T LET YOUR EXCUSES BE STRONGER THAN YOUR GOALS.”-Nick W.



No comments:

Post a Comment