Friday, September 16, 2016

Don't Take Our Word For It...

Testimonial | Chris and Katie Pond

We first discovered The 12 in November of 2015. It only took about a week before we were hooked. We quickly realized that if we wanted to truly change our bodies to the degree we wanted, it was going to require a commitment to what we all refer to as “12 Life.”

Katie: Weight lifting always intimidated me. I didn’t know what exercises to do, what proper form looked like, or how weight lifting could help me achieve my fitness goals in a way that cardio alone could not. I will never forget the night that I left class and turned to Chris and said, “If I believed in myself half as much as these people do, I think I could do anything.” The trainers at The 12 have done so much more than simply teach me exercises and help me transform my body: they’ve challenged me to take on things that I never would on my own. This has helped me become stronger both mentally and emotionally, which has in turn encouraged me to tackle more difficult things outside of the gym as well.

Chris: Throughout my 20’s I had little focus on my health. When I would try to get in shape, I would go to the gym and spend an hour on an elliptical machine or lift on weight machines and I hated every minute of it. When Katie started teaching Turbo Kickboxing, I first discovered group fitness and finally found the team environment that was right for me. I enjoyed the cardio-centered workouts in the group setting and even added daily spin classes to the routine with the (mis)understanding that eating healthy and doing lots of cardio would make me look like an action figure. After a year of not getting the results I wanted, I started exploring different workouts and that is when I found my home at The 12. I’ve enjoyed seeing the transformation that has resulted and the things I’ve been able to achieve by committing to these workouts. In July of this year, I successfully climbed Mt. Rainier. I was so glad that The 12 helped me build my body in a way that allowed me to be successful not only in the gym, but also in a way that helps me live my life to the fullest outside of the gym as well.

Together: We’ve been incredibly blessed by our time at The 12: we’ve achieved goals, made new friends, and strengthened our marriage. The ability to work out with a community of like-minded individuals who welcome one another with open arms is something that sets The 12 apart, and something that brings us back time after time. To look over at one another during a workout to get that extra push that we need, to give and receive sweaty hugs and hi-fives, to welcome new members and show them the ropes, to exchange healthy recipes and tips, to sit after class and talk about what truly matters: life outside of the gym – this is 12 Life and we are so incredibly grateful to be a part of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment