Here is how you can make 3 simple lunch meals using ONLY the following ingredients:
- Rotisserie chicken
- Butter lettuce
- Romaine lettuce
- Nonfat Greek yogurt
- Rice cakes
- Sesame seeds
- Rice wine vinegar
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
1. Be sure to take the skin off the chicken. Remember you did not cook it yourself which means there is more sodium in this than normal. Taking off the skin helps a TON with this!
2. Measure out how much chicken you want (I like 4.5 ounces of breast meat).
3.Take your butter lettuce leaves (I usually use 3 at a time) and place the chicken right on top.
4. Place sliced tomatoes and slices avocado right on top of the chicken. Use ¼ to ½ depending on the size of the avocado.
5. Roll up the leaves and enjoy! OPTIONAL: add salsa to the wraps or any type of mustard for a different flavor.
Chicken Salad with Rice Cakes
1. Peel the skin off the chicken again and chop the meat into small chunks
2. Mix in a tiny bit of non-fat Greek yogurt—amount to your liking
3. Chop up celery into small pieces and mix in (add pepper if you like here)
4. Mix together in a small bowl
5. Place your chicken salad on top of a whole grain rice cake (2 to 3 depending on the brand of rice cakes)
6. Place sliced avocado on top and enjoy
Healthy Asian Chicken Salad
1. Peel the skin off the chicken and cut into cubes or small pieces to your liking
2. Chop up the romaine lettuce ( I like cut into tiny pieces)
3. Chop up celery (I like mine in small pieces here as well)
4. Dice the carrots
5. Mix all together and sprinkle in some sesame seeds and cashews. You want to measure out both of these ingredients as they do contain a fair amount of fat. Use about a tablespoon of the seeds and ½ ounce of the cashews.
6. Throw in ¼ of an avocado if you like
7. Use a small amount of olive oil (no more than a tablespoon), and the rice wine vinegar as dressing. Get creative with your rice wine vinegar! There are many different flavor options out there that make for great dressings. Be sure to watch the sodium though---some do contain a fair amount.
There you have it! 3 great lunches (or dinners if you like) that require no cooking at all!
All of these can be prepared in about 15 minutes or less too!